Monday, September 8, 2014

Eat in Los Angeles: Little Dom's


Italian sausage, peppers, and smoked mozzarella frittata


Ricotta cheese and blueberry pancakes with maple syrup


(Breakfast) Pizza with sunny side up eggs, speck, mozzarella, and tomato sauce






Cappuccino

Over the past few years, I've learned that brunch can be a hit-or-miss experience. Oftentimes, over-hyped brunch spots don't live up to my expectations. Fortunately, Little Dom's in Los Feliz is not one of them. Their brunch is everything I wanted and then some. Last weekend, I visited the Los Angeles-based restaurant on Hillhurst and Avocado for the first time with two old friends.

After reading about the Breakfast Pizza on LAist, I knew I had to try it for myself. It has a thin, floury crust as its base, which is then covered with tomato sauce, mozzarella, sunny side up eggs, slices of speck (a type of prosciutto), and sprinkles of basil. It's pretty much as good as it looks. It's great for one (hungry) person, or for sharing with the whole table. It was prepared perfectly and would satisfy any fan of smoked pork and eggs. My friends had the frittata made with Italian sausage, peppers, and smoked mozzarella, and the ricotta and blueberry pancakes, both of which they enjoyed. I was also served a great cappuccino.

When we visited on a Sunday around 11, there was no wait, which is not often the case. They've got an old school restaurant vibe and seats named after celebrity patrons like Jon Hamm. The next time I visit, I'll probably try another one of their egg specials like the Polenta and Fried Egg or the Scrambled Eggs Bruschetta.

If you've stopped by Little Dom's, what did you try?

You're gonna need more photos of the Breakfast Pizza in your life. Stat.

Little Dom's
2128 Hillhurst Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027
Breakfast and Lunch: Daily 8 - 3
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6 - 11, Friday - Saturday 6 - midnight

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...