Friday, January 23, 2015

Work It, Google: Omid Scheybani






Omid is wearing a coat from Zara, shirt from Iran, Levi's pants, Bershka sneakers, bag from a Moroccan bazaar, and Warby Parker glasses.

What's your name? Where do you live? What do you do at Google?
My name is Omid! I'm Iranian, but was born and raised in Germany. I've been living in Hayes Valley since the day I moved to San Francisco 3.5 years ago. At Google I'm running our partnership efforts for Google for Work throughout Latin America. This means that I'm trying to find local companies, many of them well-known players in their respective markets, and to recruit them as distribution partners for our Google for Work products.

How would you describe your style?
The last comment (compliment?) I heard was that I look like a hipster. In my own words though, I would say that I fluctuate somewhere between "street chic" and a style that is generally understood as "hip". I choose my clothing based on uniqueness and how I feel in it, less about what tends to be worn by a group of people or specific brands.

What does your typical work outfit look like?
Sneakers (when feeling easy) or boots (when feeling serious), black or dark jeans, and one of the many shirts I have and love!

How do you upgrade a typical work outfit?
Matching colors is one way of "upgrading" outfits. Otherwise I try to purchase items that I consider unique – could be their cut, their features (where the chest pocket is placed for example) or the patterns it has.

You can follow Omid on his website and Instagram.

"Spotted" at Google in Mountain View.
Check out more photos from Work It, Google.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...