Monday, April 8, 2019

Eat in Mill Valley: Sol Food


Cubano made with roast pork, ham, mustard, mayo, pickles and Swiss cheese on French bread


Mofongo Relleno de Camarones: prawns sauteed with garlic and onion in a tomatoey sauce, served over mashed green plantain with avocado and organic salad


Maduros: sweet fried yellow plantains

Last weekend I tried Sol Food, a casual Puerto Rican restaurant located on Miller and La Goma in Mill Valley, for the first time. I believe this was my first time trying Puerto Rican food and it definitely won't be my last.

I tried a few different dishes, all of which I liked. First I had some of the Cubano made with roast pork, ham, mustard, mayo, pickles and Swiss cheese on French bread. All of the ingredients were fresh, the bread had a nice crunch, and the flavors complemented each other well. I then had a bit of the Mofongo Relleno de Camarones, or prawns sauteed with garlic and onion in a tomatoey sauce, served over mashed green plantain with avocado and organic salad. The prawns had a great flavor, especially in the tomato-based sauce, with a little bit of green plantain in each bite. I really enjoyed the side of maduros, which are sweet fried yellow plantains. They were made perfectly and are a nice sweet finish to a filling meal.

If you've visited Sol Food recently, what do you recommend trying?

Sol Food
Website | Facebook Instagram | TwitterYelp
401 Miller Ave., Mill Valley, CA 94941
Open: Monday - Friday 11am - 9pm, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 9pm

Check out more posts from Mill Valley.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...