Friday, May 26, 2023

Eat in Santa Monica: Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery


The Godmother made with prosciutto, ham, capi cola, mortadella, Genoa salami, and Provolone cheese 


The Meatball sandwich made with homemade meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and parmesan cheese

While visiting Los Angeles in December, we stopped by Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery on Lincoln and Broadway in Santa Monica for lunch. I've been a couple times before, but it had been a few years.

At Italian delis, I seem to veer towards hot sandwiches that are often entrees put between two slices of bread. This time I went for a classic: the Meatball sandwich. It was made with homemade meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and parmesan cheese — everything I want in a meatball sandwich. My dining companion tried The Godmother, a signature sandwich made with prosciutto, ham, capi cola, mortadella, Genoa salami, and Provolone cheese. He enjoyed it as well.

Beyond the great service, no wait (maybe we were lucky), and fair prices, I also really like exploring the grocery part of Bay Cities. We picked up a few options for our stay in town: meatballs and sauce, pasta, mozzarella, and some sweets for good measure.

Next time I'm in the area I will definitely stop by for lunch, maybe trying another hot sandwich like the Eggplant Parm or Sausage.

Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery
1517 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401
Open: Wednesday - Sunday 9am - 6pm

Check out more posts from Santa Monica.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...