Friday, November 30, 2012

Eat in NYC: Pasticceria Rocco

Rocco's World Famous Cannoli hand-dipped in chocolate

Like The Berghoff in Chicago, Pasticceria Rocco is another eating establishment where aimless tourists are sent to get a good taste of whatever city they're visiting. While on a walking tour of Greenwich Village, my tour guide recommended Rocco's as having one of the best, if not the best, cannoli in the city. A newbie to the cannoli scene, this didn't really mean much to me. All I knew was that sugar was involved so I had to at least give it a try.

In my complete cannoli naïveté (it's a thing), I ordered a cannoli dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with powdered sugar and chocolate chips. I won't say that this was an absolute mistake; it was more of a highly cavity-inducing one. Although all of chocolate and cream proved to be a much too rich experience for me, it was certainly delicious. Next time, maybe I'll just order one of the dozens of equally yummy cookies they sell that won't force me to visit my dentist. A black & white cookie, perhaps?



Pasticceria Rocco
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
243 Bleecker St., New York, NY 10014
Open: Sunday - Thursday 7:30am - 12am, Friday 7:30am - 1am,
Saturday 7:30am - 1:30am

Check out more posts from New York City.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...