Monday, June 8, 2015

Work It, Bloggers: Cassandra of Cassandra's Corner










Cassandra is wearing a Zara shirt, H&M overalls and jacket, boots from Target, and Forever 21 backpack.

What’s your name? Where do you live? What do you do?
My name is Cassandra, I am a student and a fashion blogger in San Francisco. 

How did you get into blogging?
I’ve always been interested in blogging or maybe even a YouTube channel. However, the one thing I was missing was a good quality camera. So for Christmas about 2 years ago, my mom gifted me my very first blogging camera, a Nikon J3. Since then, I’ve carried my camera around and created content for my blog, Cassandra’s Corner. 

How would you describe your style?
My style is always changing. I have to say... the color scheme of my closet has definitely darkened since I moved here, haha. But despite the darker color pallet, I like to wear feminine pieces with an edgy twist. For example, a Peter Pan collared dress with a leather jacket and a pair black booties. 

Who are some of your favorite bloggers at the moment?
I really love Jenn from clothesencounters, Aimee from Song of Style, and Chriselle from The Chriselle Factor

How has living in San Francisco influenced your style?
I’m really inspired by the street style in SF. There’s not just one type of style here - there’s all kinds of styles! I feel encouraged to really wear whatever I want here and test out new styles and trends. Back home, I felt like I was always overdressed, but now I finally feel normal and I feel like I can throw on whatever I want and feel confident. 

What do you like the most about blogging?
I love being able to encourage others to try new things with their style. When it comes to fashion, I feel like many people are unwilling to step outside the box and try new things. Fashion is all about expressing who you are and your personality through your clothes. I hope that my blog encourages my readers to try new trends and take a chance because you never know how something will look on you until you try it on. 

What have you learned from blogging?
I’ve realized how much I truly love talking about fashion. It’s something that comes very natural to me. I’ve also learned that it’s almost like a part-time job. It is definitely something I’ve learned to incorporate into both my school and work schedule. 

What do you do when you’re not blogging?
Blogging is definitely a hobby that I do when I have extra time. Since I am a full-time student, I'm usually studying or doing homework. Usually I brainstorm my blog topics and photo shoot ideas when I’m supposed to be studying or paying attention in class, haha. Even when I’m not blogging I’m still constantly thinking about it! I still consider myself new to the Bay Area, so I like to also spend my free time exploring new parts of the city. 

What can we expect to see from you in the future?
I’m really not sure and I mean that in the best possible way. Since I’ve moved here, I have gained so many opportunities (much like this one!) and I feel like it has really helped Cassandra’s Corner. I hope I can make more connections with other bloggers in the Bay Area and learn more about blogging from them. I would really like to improve on my content and photo quality skills - that’s a goal that I have for myself. 

You can follow Cassandra on her blog, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

Check out more posts from Work It, Bloggers and San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...