Friday, June 23, 2023

Eat in Los Angeles: Laziz Grill




The Combo Kabob made with charbroiled chicken and ground beef skewers, white basmati rice topped with saffron, grilled tomato, onion, and pita bread

I visited Laziz Grill, a casual Persian restaurant on Westwood and Missouri in West Los Angeles, for the first time in early April, while catching up with an old friend. As has been the habit, I try to eat as much Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food as I can when I'm in LA.

I ordered what I usually get at Persian restaurants: the Combo Kabob plate featuring charbroiled chicken and ground beef skewers, white basmati rice with saffron, a grilled tomato, onion, and pita bread. Laziz's kabobs were as good as expected. The meat was well-made and flavorful, while it was complemented by the rice, tomato, and onion well. My friend liked her kabob plate as well as the Tachin rice cake. Their portions are large, so be prepared for leftovers.

The next time I'm in the area, I'll probably order the beef kabobs again, stopping by Mashti Malone's next door for ice cream afterwards.


Laziz Grill
1896 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
Open: Tuesday - Sunday 11am - 8:45pm

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...