Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FAST's Spring 2010 Fashion Show

As mentioned in a previous post, this past Sunday I was invited to cover Fashion and Student Trends' Spring 2010 fashion show. The show highlighted the works of seventeen UC Berkeley student designers and over seventy student models. Many of the designs surpassed my expectations, leaning towards the more professional end of the spectrum. Overall, I had a great time attending the show. Here are some of the photographs I took backstage, of the guests, and of the show. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them. (Note: The first few images of the show are a little rough. I found a better spot to shoot the designs during the latter half of the show. I was also unable to showcase every outfit and every collection due to these initial technical difficulties.)

BEFORE THE SHOW / BACKSTAGE

Pauley Ballroom before the show.

Editor-in-Chief John Kim and Creative Director Jordan Silver of BARE Magazine

Two models backstage before the show started.

A few more models showing off their outfits.

THE GUESTS
Left: Work It, Berk readers!
Right: BARE Reporter Danielle Ciappara
Left: BARE Reporter Polina Polishchuk (left) with her lovely friend Lexi.
Right: Wonderful guests resting during Intermission.
Two impeccably dressed guests. I'm sure my eyes almost popped out when I saw this guy's glasses and fur piece.
Two lovely guests showing off their outfits.
I just think this photo is awesome.

THE SHOW
Maya Menon: 2.0

Jennifer Carr & Victoria Lim: Dénudé

Julia Zhu: Gold Lace and Arsenic

Jennifer Kung: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Amanda Phimmasone: Beach Bunnies

Christine Fukushima: Champion of the Sun

Kelsey Johnson: Kika

Ivan Cisneros & Kirstyn Hom: Haus of IN.K

Leslie Hamachi: Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Iris Espiritu: Puzzle

Diana Ifeishat: Urban Bazaar

May Tilden: Fatale Glamour

Jenny Zhou, Michelle Nguyen, & Rachel Davis: A Dally in Lace

Reema Naeem & Rola Abduljabar: Wild Thang

Jayme Ngov: A Fight for Fear

AFTER THE SHOW
Model Gretchen Korsmo struck a few poses just for you readers.
My favorite piece from the show (left), made by Ivan Cisneros and Kirstyn Hom (right).
This shot resulted from quick reflexes. I think it came out perfectly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...