Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Eat in Los Angeles: Neveux Artisan Creamery


Cardamon Creme Fraiche (left) and Maple Fig ice cream

You've probably noticed that I have quite a sweet tooth, which is often filled by ice cream. While in the Bay Area, I acquired a taste for gourmet ice cream featuring exotic (to me) ingredients like lavender and basil. After a close friend started working at an organic ice cream store on Telegraph in Oakland's Temescal District, my palate and desire for these gourmet treats grew. Luckily, when I returned to Los Angeles, I discovered Neveux Artisan Creamery on Melrose between Martel and Vista before my symptoms of bougie ice cream withdrawal exacerbated.

Unlike some of the über popular ice cream stores in Berkeley, at Neveux's you rarely have to wait in line and you can try two scoops for the price of one up north. That is not to say there's any decrease in quality; in fact, their blends have a smoothness and creaminess that is enviable to competitors. I've also tweeted at Leo the owner a few times and he's always responded with kind words. With ice cream in hand and attention received, what more could you ask for?

Neveux Artisan Creamery
Website | Facebook | TwitterYelp
7407 1/2 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90046
Open: Monday - Wednesday 10 - 9, Thursday - Friday 10 - 10,
Saturday 9 - 10, Sunday 9 - 9

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.

Follow Work It, Berk:
Subscribe Facebook Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | BlogLovin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...