Saturday, December 8, 2012

Eat in Los Angeles: Saffron & Rose Ice Cream

White rose (left) and cucumber ice cream

I remember first hearing about Persian ice cream made with rose water in high school. A classmate of mine always talked about how it was the highlight of his day, often stopping by the Westwood location after spending hours studying for the SAT at a prep center nearby. Fast-forward almost a decade; on a weekend trip to Los Angeles, I finally visit the mythical ice cream shop that has eluded me for so long. 

Saffron & Rose Ice Cream definitely lives up to its reputation. I immediately ordered the first two flavors I sampledyou get two in one scoopand I was smitten. I had the white rose and the cucumber, which features tiny bits of the namesake vegetable. Their ice cream has a very thick consistency and seems to stay colder longer than the traditional types I'm familiar with, making it perfect for a warm day. (Eat it slowly to prolong the experience and to avoid the brain freeze I encountered.) I definitely recommend stopping by if you're interested in trying something you can't find in the freezer section of a Safeway.

Saffron & Rose Ice Cream
Website | Facebook | Yelp
1387 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
Open: Monday - Sunday 9am - 10:30pm

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.

Follow Work It, Berk:
Subscribe Facebook Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | BlogLovin'


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...