Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Work It, Berk: Lise Statelman







What's your name?
Lise Statelman, but my coworkers call me Leez, Leez Beez or Baus. Occasionally I get Liz, which they say to tease me (they know I get all sorts of wrong pronunciations of my name).

Where do you live? 
I currently live in a tiny studio in Lower Nob Hill. I moved to San Francisco from Boston but I'm originally from New York. I'm living the big city, tiny apartment dream and I love it!

What do you do in Berkeley? 
I work for a startup called Kloudless — it helps people access their cloud files from within email. It was founded by 4 Cal grads and went through the UC Berkeley accelerator, so we're Berkeley through-and-through.

How would you describe your style?  
Cute and easy-going. My style muse is Alexa Chung — I love her quirky vibe and try to emulate some of that in my own closet. I tend to go for contrast: think boyish plaid shirt and jeans with girly, pink lipstick and bunny flats. Or a flirty skirt and pastel top with black, edgy booties and a military-style jacket.

What's your typical work outfit look like?
It’s really casual in the office so I gravitate towards comfortable pieces. I opt for skinny jeans or a skirt with tights paired with a basic top, sweater or chambray shirt. Black Chelsea boots are my no-fail shoes, often worn with fun, printed socks. I also keep a scarf or vest in the office to keep me warm on those nippier days!

How do you upgrade a typical work outfit?
I’ll often dress up a little more towards the end of the week since we do team dinners on Thursdays and go out on Fridays. I may have a piece I look forward to wearing earlier in the week that I’ll save for a good day. On ‘Corporate Fridays’ I’ll throw on a blazer, pencil skirt or tuxedo slipper shoes and call it a day!

Want to see more photos of Lise? Yeah ya do.

"Spotted" on Addison at Shattuck.
Check out more photos from Berkeley.

Psst! Have you heard the March Playlist?

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...