Monday, April 7, 2014

Eat in San Francisco: Dandelion Chocolate


PB&J Sandwich made with peanut butter and raspberry ganache with a light brownie crust


Dulce de Leche Bar made with feuilletine sable, dulce de leche, and chocolate caramel ganache



Hey, guys! It's been awhile. Since my last post, I've visited Dandelion Chocolate on Valencia in the Mission twice. Both times, I was thoroughly satisfied by their delicately prepared dessert bars.

The first bar I tried was the definite standout. It's so good, in fact, that I've been daydreaming about it for weeks. It's the PB&J Sandwich, a gourmet throwback to an elementary school staple. It has three layers of peanut butter ganache, raspberry ganache, and a light brownie crust. In short, it's rich, delicious, and friggin' perfect. Like with every course I've had at Nopa for brunch, you'll need to take a moment or two between chocolate-y bites just to accept the fact that food could be this good. Since it is so decadent, you may want to share with a friend (good luck) or get it to-go and eat it later (more likely).

The second bar was the Dulce de Leche, which is made with feuilletine sable, dulce de leche, chocolate caramel ganache, and salt flakes on top. It is also quite good. It's not as rich as the PB&J, but you still know you're eating something special. Try to get a bit of salt in each bite to accentuate the dynamic flavor.

I still have yet to try the their Papua New Guinea S'more Bar, which is #20 on 7x7's The Big Eat 2014. (I know what I'll be having the next time I'm in the city.) Fortunately for the East Bay bound, their chocolate bars are available at several retailers including the Berkeley Student Food Collective.

More photos from Dandelion Chocolate right here!

Dandelion Chocolate
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
740 Valencia St., San Francisco, CA 94110
Open: Sunday - Thursday 10 - 9, Friday - Saturday 10 - 10

Check out more posts from San Francisco.

I will be a part of Fasttrack, a fashion career round-table hosted by FAST, tomorrow night. Come ask me about stuff!

I tried the Salted Caramel Latte roll at Cinnaholic recently. Although not as pretty as the original, it satisfied my sweet tooth.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...