Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Eat in Beverly Hills: Sprinkles Ice Cream






Salty Caramel (left) and Pistachio ice cream

I've wanted to try Sprinkles Ice Cream since they opened in 2012. When I was in LA last month, I finally visited their Beverly Hills location, which is right next door to their cupcake shop and accompanying cupcake ATM.

Unfortunately, it did not meet my expectations. I tried the Red Velvet ice cream, which was lacking in flavor. It was basically vanilla to my taste buds. With the flavor I was most looking forward to having nixed, I tried and settled on the Salty Caramel. (And it was salty.) It was way too heavy, when compared to the gourmet ice cream in which I'm familiar. Sprinkles has the price tag of gourmet ice cream and the taste of the traditional stuff you'll find at a chain. Before visiting, I wanted to try a red velvet cone or one of their other ice cream favorites. These are all super overpriced and, considering my disappointment with the ice cream, I'm glad I opted out and saved my money instead.

The silver linings: they have short lines, especially compared with their cupcake shop, and the ice cream is pretty photogenic.

If anyone has had a positive experience at Sprinkles Ice Cream, let me know what you tried and maybe I'll give them a second chance. Maybe.

Want to see more photos from Sprinkles Ice Cream? No problem.

Sprinkles Ice Cream
9631 S. Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Open: Sunday - Wednesday 12pm - 11pm, Thursday - Saturday 12pm - 12am

Check out more posts from Beverly Hills.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...