Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Coffee in West Hollywood: Urth Caffé


Japanese Tea Latte made with organic matcha green tea

 
Mocha Mint (left) made with mint flavor, whip cream and mint chocolate shavings (not shown)

I've known about Urth Caffé pretty much as long as I've been conscious of my surroundings. Located on Melrose between La Cienega and San Vicente in West Hollywood, this organic coffee shop was definitely one of the highlights of my recent trip back home. Since I wasn't really into coffee until recent months, this was my first time visiting a place I've passed by hundreds, if not thousands, of times.

After being urged by the good people on Yelp and my personal foodie friends whose opinions I trust and cherish, I ordered the Japanese Tea Latte made with organic matcha green tea. Saying it was good is an understatement. Since each serving is so large (I ordered a small), it's the kind of drink you sip slowly over the course of a nice conversation with a friend. The green tea has a lot of flavor, although it wasn't too overpowering.

I also tried some of my mom's Mocha Mint, which was even better than mine. It was a mint fiend's dream: creamy, delicious, and refreshing. It traditionally comes with whip cream and mint chocolate shavings, which my mom opted out of trying. Next time I visit, I'll be sure to order the whole shebang.

After finally visiting all these years later, I now understand why this place is always packed. It's not just because it was on Entourage; it's because they've got some damn good coffee and pretty excellent service to boot.

Want to see more photos from Urth Caffé? Step right up.

Urth Caffé
8565 Melrose Ave., West Hollywood, CA 90069
Open: Sunday - Thursday 6am - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday 6am - 12am

Check out more posts from West Hollywood.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...