Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Eat in Berkeley: Stateside Bakery


Cake Batter Macaron with birthday cake buttercream filling


Housemade Nutella Pop Tarts


Chocolate Dipped Moon Pie filled with molasses marshmallow fluff

I visited Stateside Bakery a few weeks ago and I can confirm that I'm in love. This new bakery on Telegraph at Ashby is the first brick-and-mortar store for Kate McEachern of Cupkates Bakery, a mobile cupcake truck whose red velvet cupcakes I enjoyed in college. Stateside makes a variety of desserts that will make anyone nostalgic for their childhood.

I tried three treats when I stopped by: the Cake Batter Macaron, the Nutella Pop Tart, and the Moon Pie. Although I'm not really a fan of macarons, theirs is the first macaron I know for sure that I like. The meringue shells were delicate, as expected, the buttercream filling was incredible, and the cake batter flavor was delicious overall. The Nutella Pop Tart was also very good. The highlight was the flaky, buttery crust. It's everything a store-bought Pop Tart should be, but isn't. The Moon Pie had a sweet, sticky marshmallow filling surrounded by two graham cracker shortbread cookies, and was dipped in dark chocolate. Like the others, it was way better than the traditional version.

I would definitely try each of these desserts again. The next time I visit, I'll have to order the Peanut Butter Nutter Cookies or an Ore-Oh. Honestly, it'll be hard for me not to leave without trying their entire inventory.

Stateside Bakery
Website | Facebook | InstagramTwitterYelp
3001 Telegraph Ave., Suite E, Berkeley, CA 94705
Open: Wednesday - Saturday 11 - 6, Sunday 11 - 4

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...