Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Eat in San Francisco: Gracias Madre


Pozole: traditional hominy stew in an ancho-chile broth


Tacos: corn tortillas filled with asparagus, mushrooms, and broccoli, topped with cashew cheese and served with black beans


Gracias Madre is a popular vegan Mexican restaurant located on Mission and 18th in San Francisco's Mission District. They serve a variety of traditional Mexican dishes like pozole, tamal, and enchiladas with entirely vegan ingredients.

When I visited this past weekend, I tried the tacos filled with asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, and cashew cheese. They were pretty good. The vegetables were very flavorful and the corn tortillas were perfectly crunchy. I also enjoyed the black beans on the side. My dining companion enjoyed the pozole as well.

Next time I visit I'll order the enchiladas or the coconut bacon. If you've visited Gracias Madre, what have you tried?

Gracias Madre
Website | Facebook Twitter | Yelp
2211 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94110
Open: Daily 11 - 11

Check out more posts from San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...