Monday, April 6, 2015

Eat in Berkeley: La Note (Pt. 3)


Lemon Gingerbread Pancakes and Poached Pears


Brioche Pain Perdu: cinnamon brioche soaked in orange-water batter and sprinkled with lavender honey

This weekend I visited a favorite restaurant of mine: La Note in Downtown Berkeley. Previously, I visited this popular Provençal restaurant for lunch and dinner. Now, I can cross brunch off my to-do list.

I ordered the Brioche Pain Perdu, which was very good. It's basically French toast made with a thick slice of buttery cinnamon brioche. I recommend adding a spoonful of the homemade compote provided on every table. I also tried a bite of the Lemon Gingerbread Pancakes, which reminded me of the holidays.

Have you visited La Note for brunch? What do you recommend trying?

La Note
2377 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704
Open: Monday - Friday 8 - 2:30, Saturday - Sunday 8 - 3, Thursday - Saturday 6 - 10

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...