Thursday, April 30, 2015

Work It, Bloggers: Joan of A Cup of Joan










Joan is wearing her mom's shirt, J Brand pants, Nicora Johns boots, bag from Urban Outfitters, necklace from Herbivore Clothing in Portland, and Ray-Ban sunglasses.

What’s your name? Where do you live? What do you do?
I'm Joan. I currently reside in the South Bay, I'm a writer, and I work for a cool fashion start-up.

How did you get into blogging?
I noticed there weren't too many influencers in the cruelty-free fashion blogging community, so that gave me an idea and a nudge to consider it. I wanted my blog to bring awareness to a cruelty-free lifestyle for the animals and to represent an art that is about being ourselves. 

How would you describe your style?
My style is very eclectic. Depending on my mood or where I am, it changes. Although, if I had to define it for myself, I would say it's mainly relaxed, a mix of urban and boho, and always a little edgy.

Do you have any style icons or inspirations?
Too many style icons! Can this include designers too? Right now, I've been really into Yves Saint Laurent's designs during his peak periods. Fashion is about feeling for me - I can take inspiration from anyone and anything, as long as I feel it. YSL and his designs make me feel things.

How have you integrated your cruelty-free lifestyle into your blogging? 
My thing has always been about being yourself and that's what my blog is all about. Fashion aligns because if you can proudly rock whatever you want - no matter how crazy, you're being comfortable with you. Most of us don't think twice about who we are wearing or who made our clothes. So I'm taking it up a notch by creating outfits expressing who I am. 100% cruelty-free.

Do you have any cruelty-free brands you’d like to share?
Yes! Nicora Johns - the brand of the white booties I am wearing in my photos. These are beautiful, eco-friendly, and sustainable vegan shoes made in Los Angeles, CA. 

What do you like the most about blogging?
I love the creative process because I thrive on coming up with ideas. However, what keeps me inspired are the connections I am able to make. 

What have you learned from blogging?
I still have so much to learn and discover. I just started at the end of last year! I've learned to be more confident and comfortable with myself, but I realized what matters most to me is the content I'm creating and the people who connect with it. 

What can we expect to see from you in the future?
I may have some fun and creatively inspiring blog posts coming soon. Stay tuned!

You can follow Joan on her blog, Twitter, and Instagram.

Check out more posts from Work It, Bloggers and San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...