Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Work It, Bloggers: Aimee of The Ohio Transplant






Aimee is wearing a Zara top, Forever 21 skirt, Mossimo denim jacket from Target, shoes from Kohl's, Warby Parker glasses, and her roommate's purse.

What’s your name? Where do you live? What do you do?
My name is Aimee Rancer (aka: The Ohio Transplant) and i'm a copywriter at VaynerMedia, a digital and social agency here in SF. I also live in Pac Heights!

How did you get into blogging?
I've always been obsessed with style, creativity, and magazines. As I got older, I saw more and more individuals create websites to house their outfits, fashion, and inspiration. I kind of followed suit. :) 

How would you describe your style?
It depends! Often times, i'm a bit more tomboy and masculine! Other times, i'm wearing bohemian dresses in paisley patterns. I tend to gravitate toward neutral colors and of course, black and white. Oh, and hats. I love hats. 

Do you have any style icons or inspirations?
I really, really love Sincerely Jules. She's tomboyish, but feminine at the same time. My fashion mantra is "the baggier, the better!"

How has living in San Francisco influenced your style?
I've become waaaay more casual. I love heels, but i'll pair them with distressed boyfriend jeans, a chunky knit and motorcycle jacket. Also, my fashion is pretty weather dependent. You never know when Karl the Fog will rear his chilly head, so layering is super important. 

What do you like the most about blogging?
I love being able to have a "diary" of my evolving style. Even in two years, i've looked back and thought, "what the hell was I thinking?!" I also love being able to connect with others in the SF community as well as nationwide. It's been such an exciting few years and a wonderful journey. I feel truly lucky to have met some amazing and inspiring people. 

What have you learned from blogging?
Be yourself, never ever compare (can I say that again?), and have fun. Push yourself. Say yes (!!) when fun opportunities come along. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable – that's how you grow. 

What do you do when you’re not blogging?
I'm a copywriter at a rad agency called VaynerMedia and truly love it! When i'm not at work, I love walking around the city exploring, taking pictures of food (naturally!), trolling French Bulldogs, and spending time with good friends surrounded by good food and beer. :) 

What can we expect to see from you in the future?
Would it be lame to say expect the unexpected? Life throws you curveballs and I just want to embrace everything that comes my way.

You can follow Aimee on her blog, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

Check out more posts from Work It, Bloggers and San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...