Thursday, May 14, 2015

Work It, Bloggers: Tiffany of The Garment Rag










Tiffany is wearing a Tobi dress, Levi's jacket, Zara heels, and Karen Walker sunglasses.

What’s your name? Where do you live? What do you do?
My name is Tiffany and I live and work in San Francisco.

How did you get into blogging?
I started blogging as a supplementary marketing channel for an online boutique my friend and I were working on. Sadly, we are now in the process of shutting down but I've continued to maintain the blog and, mainly, Instagram as I've found quite a bit of gratification using this as a creative outlet.

How would you describe your style?
In a word - covered. Two additional words that come to mind are comfort and balance. I try to avoid looking too one way or the other, whether it's "too" dressed up, dressed down, etc. 

Do you have any style icons or inspirations?
Jen Brill and Maja Wyh off the top of my head. Brill's style can get pretty eclectic but she pulls it off with her devil-may-care attitude. She embodies New York street style to me, always with a tinge of glamour and sometimes some 'wtf'. Maja Wyh is a more recent discovery and she's got this uncanny sensibility for creating a seriously addicting modern city-boho look. Sometimes she looks like she may collapse under all that clothing but damn that woman knows what she's doing.

How has living in San Francisco influenced your style?
I'm not insightful enough to analyze HOW living in SF has influenced my style but I do have a pretty solid collection of parkas. SF can get cold and windy at any time of the year so keeping warm is a daily concern.

What have you learned from blogging?
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy writing and though I'm a little dusty from before, I want to challenge myself to continue including written content as opposed to just slapping a few photos up of myself when I post. Also that I am much more comfortable behind than in front of the camera.

In addition to blogging, you’re also a talented photographer. What kinds of things do you like to shoot?
Firstly, thank you for that. It's a huge compliment. But I am by no means a photographer and do not shoot nearly enough to be considered as such. I do love taking and editing my own images, particularly of people, and travel photos is an area I want to explore more of.

What do you do when you’re not blogging?
Sleeping. Just kidding. Though blogging is not nearly the bulk of my life, I do spend a lot of time devising the next Instagram post, outfit to shoot. If it's not taking up a lot of my physical time, it has certainly hijacked my mental time. Aside from that, very standard things such as cooking (kind of a huge one), reading (I'm trying to finish one book a month), and raging out once a month.

What can we expect to see from you in the future?
Constantly improving, quality photos with more original ideas/content. That's what I'd like to see for myself at least.

You can follow Tiffany on her blog, Instagram, and Facebook.

Check out more posts from Work It, Bloggers and San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...