Thursday, December 1, 2016

Eat in Los Angeles: Sqirl (Pt. 2)


Famed Ricotta Toast with rainbow jam


Seared Polenta with spring vegetables cooked in whey, a fried egg, and a side of greens


Side of greens


Green Eggs & Jam Tartine: a "toad in a hole" with creamed spinach, onion jam, and wild arugula, with a side of house sausage


Left: Latte
Right: Famed Ricotta Toast with strawberry jam

I made my way back to Sqirl over Thanksgiving break. In the two years (minus one day) since I wrote about it, Sqirl has gotten incredibly popular and received quite a bit of critical acclaim. (Just take a look at their website.) This makes sense; their food is as good as I remember.

This time I tried the Seared Polenta with spring vegetables cooked in whey, a fried egg, and a side of greens. I loved it. The vegetables had a lot of flavor, the polenta was cooked perfected, and I liked making that perfect bite with a little bit of everything on top. I also had the Famed Ricotta Toast with strawberry jam and a latte, both of which I'd highly recommend. My friends enjoyed their cleverly named Green Eggs & Jam Tartine and ricotta toast with three types of jam as well.

If you've been to Sqirl recently, what do you recommend trying? (Everything? I thought so!)

Sqirl
Website Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Yelp
720 N. Virgil Ave. #4, Los Angeles CA 90029
Open: Monday - Friday 6:30am - 4pm, Saturday - Sunday 8 - 4

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Tumblr | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...