Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Eat in Oakland: Fresh Catch Poke




Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl with seaweed salad and imitation crab salad

In late April, my friend and I tried Fresh Catch Poke, a poke food truck based in the Bay Area, for the first time at the Off the Grid food truck event that occurs every Friday at the Oakland Museum of California on 10th and Oak Streets. 

I ordered the Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl with seaweed salad and imitation crab salad. Every bit of it was incredible. The tuna was fresh, high-quality, and dressed perfectly in the tangy, mayo-y, salmon roe-covered sauce; the poke was complemented well by both of the salads and sushi-grade rice. This was the perfect elevated food truck meal. I've eaten many a burrito on the sidewalk from a truck, but appreciated being able to order something I could enjoy at one of the many picnic tables set up along 10th Street.

We were not only happy to see that the truck had fantastic food, it also had a short line. (Pro-tip: arrive early so you don't have to wait 30 minutes for the scraps that other food trucks haven't sold out of.) The next time I'm at OMCA on a Friday night, I will definitely order the poke from Fresh Catch Poke again.

Fresh Catch Poke
Open: see website

Check out more posts from Oakland.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...