Thursday, July 13, 2023

Eat in Oakland: Edith's Pie




"World Famous" Scribble Pie made with brown butter, maple, walnut, and dark chocolate

I first tried Edith's Pie, a popular pie shop, in late March when it was still a pop-up. After being completely smitten by the Honey Roasted Banana Cream pie and the S'mores pie, I was eager to visit their brick & mortar shop that opened on 22nd and Broadway in Uptown Oakland in early May. I stopped by later in the month when the lines died down and I had a day off.

On this visit, I ordered a slice of the "World Famous" Scribble Pie, a flavor I've never had, which was made with brown butter, maple, walnut, and dark chocolate. Like the two pies I tried before, it was excellent. As you can see in the cross-sectional photo, this pie was hearty — featuring layers of chocolate and walnut halves, along with a thick buttery crust. I love chocolate in a pie (fruit pies became appealing in more recent years) as well as nuts (pecan pie is a favorite). It's clear that their pies are made with fresh ingredients, care, and precision. They're obviously experts in the field and I'm glad they have a permanent spot in town.

I will definitely stop by their spacious shop when I'm looking for a sweet treat in the future. Since they're open so early and close fairly late, they're equipped to serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I might try one of their savory options, like the Spinach & Goat Cheese hand pie or a slice of quiche.

Edith's Pie
412 22nd St., Oakland, CA 94612
Open: Wednesday - Thursday 7:30am - 6pm, Friday - Saturday 7:30am - 10pm

Check out more posts from Oakland.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...