Friday, July 14, 2023

Eat in Oakland: Starter Bakery


Peach Danish

I stopped by the booth for Starter Bakery, a local bakery known for their superbly made pastries, at the Grand Lake Farmers' Market in late May. I've had a few of their pastries before, mainly the Kouign-amann, which are buttery perfection.

Since it was the beginning of stone fruit season, I opted for this Peach Danish that was particularly photogenic. As expected, it was the perfect post-hike treat. It contains layers of lamenated goodness and fresh peach on top.

I will definitely stop by the Starter Bakery booth at the farmers' market again, but I also want to visit their relatively new brick & mortar store in Rockridge.

Starter Bakery

Grand Lake Farmers' Market @ Splash Pad Park
746 Grand Ave., Oakland, CA 94610
Open: Saturday 9am - 2pm

Check out more posts from Oakland.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...