Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Eat in Berkeley: Lindgren's Coffee & Café


Three-egg omelette with spinach, served with bacon and toast


Corned beef panini on rye with Swiss, served with lettuce, tomato, mustard, and melon

I can already tell that Lindgren's will soon become a Berkeley staple. Located on Dwight Way just off of Shattuck Avenue, this delightful café attracts both serial café dwellers and those who use "brunch" as a verb. While I'm no longer a student and not particularly fond of coffee, I easily fall into the latter category.

When you first enter Lindgren's, you'll notice their traditional coffee shop set-up: a menu of caffeinated drinks, plenty of power outlets, and tables where laptops and refreshments manage to coexist. As you move in further, you'll see a door that leads to a wonderful patio space where my type call home. It is here where half a dozen or so tables stand under umbrellas when it's light out and a string of lights when it's not.

On my most recent visit, I ordered the corned beef panini on rye with Swiss cheese. I must admit that I'm not a master of picking meat, bread, and cheese combinations; Lindgren's owner graciously guided me towards this seemingly obvious favorite. Regardless, this sandwich is worth talking about. The corned beef was thick, juicy, and made that morning. The rye was crisp and the Swiss mingled very well with the accompanying lettuce, tomato, and mustard. The sandwich came with some type of melon I've never had; what I can say is that it was yellow, ripe, and damn good.

What I like even more than the food is the outdoor space. The shop has a very homey vibe, like if you were really sharing brunch in your friend's backyard. Since most apartments around here probably don't have the luxury of shared outside space, Lindgren's is definitely a brilliant alternative.

Lindgren's Coffee & Café
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
 2120 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
Open: Monday - Friday 7 - 8, Saturday - Sunday 8 - 8

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Pssst! Have you heard our July Playlist?

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...