Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Bicycle Profiles: Heather



If you've been following the blog for a while, you know I've got a thing for biking. I even started a bike series way back in October of 2011 and resurrected it in May of last year. Well, I'm happy to announce that the fourth installment of the series is finally here and it's featuring none other than a blog veteran and loyal follower.

What's your name? What do you do? Where do you live?
Heather. I twerk as an editorial intern at Chronicle Books in the Food and Lifestyle Departments. For the moment, I'm living in the Inner Richmond where the GGP is five minutes to the south and the Presidio is five minutes to the north, the Asian food is good, and young families are raised. Clement Street rules. 

Describe your relationship with your bike.
My bike is my #1.

When did you start riding?
I got this used bike circa January 2009 -- right around the time I realized getting to Ici Ice Cream is faster by bike than by bus, feet, or unicycle. 

Why do you ride?
Biking compresses the geographical landscape into manageable chunks to travel and get from place to place. It's also affordable, sustainable, and often times efficient and convenient. Ultimately, I bike for adventure and autonomy, travel and pleasure.

Want to be a part of the series? Let's make it happen.
Check out more photos from The Bicycle Profiles and Berkeley.

Pssst! Have you heard our July Playlist?

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...