Friday, January 17, 2014

Coffee in San Francisco: The Mill


Iced Coffee and Cappuccino



A couple weeks ago, I visited The Mill on Divisadero in San Francisco's Alamo Square for the first time. The Mill is both a hip coffee shop and a bakery. It's a joint venture between Josey Baker Bread and Four Barrel Coffee, what I'm sure are two San Francisco staples. 

Since I'm not much of a coffee drinker, my friends who've been there before or have a general knowledge of coffee helped me figure out what to get. I tried the cappuccino, which had a stronger coffee flavor than I'm accustomed. The iced coffee was also pretty good and was served in a Mason jar, only adding to the experience.

They also serve a variety of fresh breads. My friend gushed that the pumpkin butter, which is served with one of their breads, is "out of this world." With such a trendy clientele, The Mill is great for people-watching. While waiting for your drink, you can watch the bakers knead bread in their open prep space. 

If you're in the mood for a cool place to get a cup of coffee, The Mill is a great place to visit. Be aware that they don't have wifi, so you may want to bring a book or a newspaper instead.

The Mill
736 Divisadero St., San Francisco, CA 94117
Open: Daily 7am - 9pm

Check out more posts from San Francisco.

Psst! Have you heard the January Playlist?

Follow Work It, Berk:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...