Thursday, January 23, 2014

Work It, Google: Charlene




On her left hand, Charlene is wearing a Burberry watch and rings by Aurelie Bidermann and Kate Spade.




Charlene is wearing a Cartier ring and bracelets by Vita Fede, Hermès, a Peruvian friendship bracelet, and Henri Bendel on her right hand.


Charlene is wearing an H&M jacket, Zara top, swank & Haight pants, Stuart Weitzman boots, and Ray-Ban sunglasses.

What's your name? Where do you live? What do you do at Google?
Hi! I’m Charlene, and I currently live in Burlingame, CA! I'm really happy to finally return to the Bay Area where I grew up after living on the East Coast for the past few years. I work for Google’s YouTube division as a Policy Enforcement Associate where I review live content for the site. While the job keeps me up to date on what’s trending in pop culture, I'm grateful for what an eye-opening experience it's been thus far -- keeping me well-informed on the world's daily issues by exposing me to racial prejudices, hate speech, and graphic violence plaguing our global community.

How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as inspired. It’s classic, but has a bit of that “city chic” vibe as well. While I feel my look has been more “downtown” as of late, being rooted in the San Francisco Bay Area, I definitely take preppy influences in my wardrobe from my time back in Massachusetts. I love the “urban” look, taking inspiration from the cities in which I've immersed myself. I recently returned a few weeks ago from Europe, and I'm obsessed with the effortless street-style I've witnessed in both Paris and London. Now, I'm hoping to incorporate that into my  personal style as well. Overall, I would have to say my go to color is black. It’s always edgy, yet sophisticated! And definitely European ;).

What's your typical work outfit look like?
I dress for the season, so lately it’s all been about boots, whether it’s over-the-knee boots, riding boots, or ankle booties. I usually pair that with black skinny jeans or pants, and a blouse, but given the colder weather I’m usually wearing a jacket or sweater.

How do you upgrade a typical work outfit?
Accessories! I’m all about accessories. You know how people buy a souvenir whenever they travel? My go-to souvenir is a piece of jewelry. Constantly adding to my "arm party", I believe there's nothing better than a new bracelet to act as a reminder of a place I've visited. Accessories are the ultimate upgrade, whether it’s to make your outfit more bold with a statement necklace, or more casual with delicate ones. For the most part, I think I’m over the top with accessories, pairing my daily look with a chunky men’s watch and multiple rings, and I only add from there. I think because I gravitate towards wearing all black, I usually try to liven up my outfit with my accessories, a fun manicure, or with some pop of color. 

Want to see more photos of Charlene? Of course, silly!

"Spotted" at YouTube in San Bruno.
Check out more photos from Work It, Google.

Psst! Have you heard the January Playlist?

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...