Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Coffee in Los Angeles: Intelligentsia Coffee


Iced Latte and Iced Mocha

This past weekend I visited my old friend Jing Pan in Los Angeles. While we were there, we stopped by Intelligentsia in Silver Lake. I've heard good things about this coffee shop, and being that it's in Silver Lake, I figured that it'd be a good spot for staring at hipster types.

Both of these proved to be true. I ordered an Iced Mocha, a tall glass of heaven at five bucks a pop. Since I'm so used to paying ridiculous prices for brunch and the like in SF, I was only a bit fazed by the price tag. (And I had my credit card, so... what consequences?) Fortunately, it was the best dang mocha I've ever had, and worth every point off my credit score.

As for the people watching, that was pretty satisfying as well. The internet told me that Silver Lake is crawling with grimy, hirsute hipsters with more of daddy's money than sense. The people I encountered were clean-looking folk who seemed quite accustomed to dropping ten dollars on a couple drinks.

This place could easily be placed in the Mission... which, if you're out there Intelligentsia Overlords, can you make this happen? Pretty please with a handlebar mustache on top? (Maybe they are.)

Intelligentsia Coffee
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
3922 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90029
Open: Sunday - Wednesday 6am - 8pm, Thursday - Saturday 6am - 11pm

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...