Thursday, August 28, 2014

Eat in San Francisco: Dynamo Donut + Coffee


Maple Glazed Bacon Apple Donut

After hearing about Dynamo Donut + Coffee for years, I finally visited their Mission location on 24th and Hampshire last weekend before heading over to the San Francisco Street Food Festival. It was definitely worth the wait. You can tell each donut was made by a passionate and talented pastry chef at the helm, who in this case is Sara Spearin.

I tried the Maple Glazed Bacon Apple donut, which seemed like one of the must-try options according to users on Yelp. This raised donut lived up to my expectations and then some. For a morning treat covered in frosting and bacon, it was surprisingly light. The frosting was sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. Although I'm no baconholic, I actually would want a little more bacon to truly bring out its distinct flavor. Overall, this donut had the perfect balance between sweet and savory. I would gladly try it again soon.

The next time I stop by, I'll have the Chocolate Rose or even one of their gluten-free options like the "I'm Not a Gluten Chocolate with Raspberry Black Pepper Glaze." Basically, I'll have the chocolate, please!

Have you ever visited Dynamo? What's your favorite donut?

Looking for more photos from Dynamo Donut + Coffee? Here you are.

Dynamo Donut + Coffee
2760 24th St., San Francisco, CA 94110
Open: Tuesday - Saturday 7 - 5, Sunday 9 - 4

Check out more posts from San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...