Monday, September 1, 2014

Coffee in Berkeley: Rasa Caffe


Rose Latte made with sweet rose, saffron, and vanilla


Cookies and Cream Vegan Donut from Pepples Donut Farm

I think I found my new local coffee shop. Located right near Ashby BART on Martin Luther King Jr. Way and Fairview in South Berkeley, Rasa Caffe serves delicious coffee from Bicycle Coffee Co. and vegan donuts from Pepples Donut Farm

When I stopped by last weekend, I tried the Rose Latte and a Cookies and Cream donut. Both were quite good. The latte had a delicate rose flavor, which I really enjoyed. The rose taste is subtle, although very much present. You can tell the latte was prepared perfectly, and with great skill and care. The donut was fresh, light, and just the right amount of sweet. It crumbled in my mouth and was complemented by the latte nicely. 

I was fortunate to met the namesake owner of the shop, Rasa Mott, who's an experienced chef and the son of two prominent Black Panther activists. You can learn more about Rasa and his cafe by reading this piece on Berkeleyside or watching his video on Kickstarter

The next time I come by, I'll try a cappuccino or their signature chai latte.

Here are more photos from Rasa Caffe. Mmm...

Rasa Caffe
Website | Facebook | InstagramTwitter | Yelp
3140 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Berkeley, CA 94703
Open: Monday - Saturday 7:30am - 4:30pm

Check out more posts from Berkeley.


Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...