Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Eat in Berkeley: Café Clem




Les Oeufs Lucas with steamed-scrambled eggs, crème fraîche, goat cheese, basil, roasted tomatoes, and parsley


Like Elmwood Cafe, Café Clem is one of those popular Berkeley brunch spots I'm surprised I haven't tried until recently. Located on Kittredge between Shattuck and Milvia in Downtown Berkeley, this cafe and bakery is known for their Provençal cuisine. Since it's owned by the same folks as La Note, which I reviewed for brunch and dinner, you know you're in for a treat. I visited with the lovely Brandy of Will Bake for Shoes, who was actually one of my first subjects way back when and a member of the exclusive club of blog veterans.

I ordered Les Oeufs Lucas, which was made up of steamed-scrambled eggs topped off with crème fraîche, goat cheese, basil, and parsley with their signature roasted tomatoes and toast on the side. The eggs were fresh, and the crème fraîche and goat cheese combination gave them another tangy dimension.

The next time I stop by I might try one of their mouth-watering baked goods, which range from carefully assembled tarts to flaky croissants and other French staples.

Café Clem is a great place to enjoy a book from the Central Library right next door over a cup of coffee or to catch up with close friends over brunch.

Café Clem
Website | Facebook | Yelp
2020 Kittredge St., Berkeley, CA 94702
Open: Monday - Friday 7 - 6, Saturday - Sunday 8 - 4

Check out more posts from Berkeley.


Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...