Monday, January 12, 2015

Eat in Berkeley: Vik's Chaat Corner


Dahi Papdi Chaat made with flat papdis, potatoes, garbanzo beans, yogurt, and chutneys


Aloo Tikki Cholle made with potatoes, cholle (spicy garbanzo curry), and chutneys

After hearing about Vik's when I was in college, I finally visited the casual Indian eatery last weekend. Located on 4th and Channing in West Berkeley, Vik's Chaat Corner is a staple for fans of chaat, which are savory snacks sold at food carts and stalls in India and other countries.

I tried two dishes when I stopped by: the Dahi Papdi Chaat and the Aloo Tikki Cholle. The former is made with flat papdis (deep-fried crackers), potatoes, garbanzo beans, yogurt, and chutneys. It was very good. The papdis were crisp and tasty, complementing the dish perfectly. The yogurt and chutneys combined to accentuate the garbanzo beans and potatoes within. I would definitely order this again.

I also sampled the Aloo Tikki Cholle that was made with potatoes, cholle (spicy garbanzo curry), and chutneys. It was also very tasty and had a dynamic flavor I'm still craving.

I would definitely visit Vik's again, next time opting for the Chicken Kathi Kebab or the Chicken Biryani. Whichever I try, I can tell I'm in for a treat.

Vik's Chaat Corner
Website | Facebook | Yelp
2390 4th St., Berkeley, CA 94710
Open: Monday - Thursday 11 - 6, Friday - Sunday 11 - 8

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...