Monday, March 23, 2015

Work It, Bloggers: Carlina of Allergic to Vanilla






Carlina is wearing a shirt from Les Méchantes, Zara blazer, Jack skirt from Le Tote, Sperry Top-Sider sneakers, AYK clutch, and a Banana Republic necklace. These photos were taken at the Les Méchantes Blogger Brunch.

What’s your name? Where do you live? What do you do? 
I'm Carlina Harris. I live in San Francisco. I do social media marketing.

How did you get into blogging?
I've always wanted to start a blog. I said it for years until a friend of mine told me to make it my New Year's resolution. I also wanted to find a creative outlet since my career at the time was not.

How would you describe your style? Do you have any style icons or inspirations?
Untraditional, always-evolving, un-vanilla.

How has living in San Francisco influenced your style?
There are so many more layers to my outfits now. I also have found a love for stylish flats.

What do you like the most about blogging?
The community- it's such a small world/city and the ladies/gents in this community are so inspiring and always up to help whenever the need for it arises.

What have you learned from blogging?
Consistent content is king. And always save your name on a new social media platform when you think it's going to be big... you never want someone else to come along and snatch it up. Years ago I tried to get my twitter handle back from @allergictovanilla (an impostor) but alas they would not give it up, I'm now @alergic2vanilla ;)

How has blogging changed since you started five years ago?
It seems the landscape has changed in that it's become over-saturated. Perhaps it was always like this, but it didn't always feel like it.

What do you do when you’re not blogging?
Working out, going for a walk, painting my nails, watching reruns of Game of Thrones... and working. 

You can follow Carlina on her blog, Instagram, and Twitter.

Check out more posts from Work It, Bloggers and San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...