Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Work It, Bloggers: The Blogger Behind I Am Simply Chic








Simply Chic is wearing a Gap top, Ann Taylor skirt, Dolce Vita heels, sunglasses from Target, earrings from Rocksbox, and Neiman Marcus purse.

What’s your name? Where do you live? What do you do?
Hi! I'm Simply Chic. I'm originally from Oakland, currently living in Emeryville and working in San Francisco, doing online marketing for a department store.

How did you get into blogging?
I followed a lot of bloggers but never thought I could have one of my own because my style tends to be more everyday/classic than the bloggers I was following at the time. I didn’t think anyone would come back regularly to see what I was wearing, but one night the name Simply Chic came to me out of nowhere — I loved it and thought that it described my approach to style perfectly, and I knew I had to create my blog. Here we are 6 years later…

How would you describe your style?
Simple and chic of course! 

Do you have any style icons or inspirations?
I love Olivia Palermo’s style. She always looks effortlessly put together and her style seems attainable and not over the top like a lot of celebs out there. Solange Knowles is another one who’s fun to watch. She’s definitely a risk taker!

How has living in the Bay Area influenced your style?
I moved away to Atlanta for college, and I dressed up a lot more back then. Partially because of the lifestyle I was living (partying) but also because people just dress up more there. So I would say being back in the Bay Area has made me more casual chic and California cool. I wear a lot more pants and blazers vs. girly dresses. But one thing that has remained constant is my love for shoes! 

What do you like the most about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is looking through and editing all the pictures, which is odd because my least favorite thing is taking the pictures. I also really, really appreciate all of my loyal readers and I enjoy reading their comments and checking out their pages. 

What do you do when you’re not blogging?
I am trying new restaurants and recipes, taking a trip or planning one, checking my Instagram feed, pinning on Pinterest, volunteering, working my 9-5, and any & everything that involves being outdoors, except amusement parks. I’m terrified of roller coasters. 

You can follow the blogger behind I Am Simply Chic on her blog, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.

Check out more posts from Work It, Bloggers and San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...