Friday, March 17, 2017

Eat in Berkeley: Berkeley Social Club


Boosted Jook rice porridge with carrots, spinach, mushroom, egg, bacon, scallion, and cherry pepper

I returned to Berkeley Social Club, a relatively new Korean-American brunch spot on University in Downtown Berkeley, to order the Boosted Jook for the second time last weekend. 

Both times I ordered the rice porridge, which comes with carrots, spinach, mushroom, egg, bacon, scallion, and cherry pepper, I was very happy with my decision. The porridge base is simple like I like it, while the cherry pepper and bacon add a nice kick of flavor. It's the perfect brunch pick: not too heavy and relatively balanced.

The next time I visit I want to try the Hansang soft tofu soup or the Bulgogi Bowl for dinner.

If you've visited Berkeley Social Club recently, what do you recommend?

Berkeley Social Club
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Yelp
2050 University Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 9 - 2:30, Saturday - Sunday 8 - 3
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5 - 10

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...