Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Eat in Honolulu: Surf Bar Waikiki


Left: Maui Lavandula made with Empress gin, crème de mûre, citrus, lychee, rosemary, and lavender
Right: Mauna Kea Mai Tai made with Mahina rum, Agave de Cortes mezcal, curaçao, orgeat, pineapple, and citrus, smoked with flavored wood chips

On the lookout for a good cocktail, my dining companion and I found our way to Surf Bar Waikiki, an upscale cocktail bar on Koa and Liliʻuokalani in Waikiki. Located inside of Waikiki Resort Hotel, they serve a variety of signature cocktails that are worth writing home about.

In search of a Mai Tai, my dining companion ordered the Mauna Kea Mai Tai made with Mahina rum, Agave de Cortes mezcal, curaçao, orgeat, pineapple, and citrus. This beautifully-made drink was presented in a box filled with smoke and flavored wood chips. When you took a sip, your fingers even smelled a bit smoky. Beyond the incredible presentation, it was made with expert precision and delicious to boot. My drink was similarly delightful: I tried the Maui Lavandula made with Empress gin, crème de mûre, citrus, lychee, rosemary, and lavender. I love sweet, fruity drinks and I remember this having a dynamic flavor I loved. 

Both drinks were exceptionally crafted and were served in an equally impressive space. The bar was spacious and had all the island decor that made it the perfect spot to grab a dark nook and enjoy a perfectly made cocktail. If I'm back in Waikiki, I will definitely return to Surf Bar Waikiki, ordering either of these drinks or one of the many other tantalizing ones on the menu.

Surf Bar Waikiki
2460 Koa Ave., Honolulu, HI 96815
Open: Daily 6pm - 2am

Check out more posts from Honolulu.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...