Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Eat in Oakland: Beauty's Bagel Shop


Left: Hot chocolate, Right: Deviled eggs


Veggie bagel with oven-roasted tomato cream cheese, salted cucumber, capers, red onion, and arugula




Classic bagel with hand sliced lox, cream cheese, red onion, and capers





I've biked by Beauty's Bagel Shop on Telegraph for the past few months, wondering if the "Fresh Hot Bagels" advertised on the outside were just that. Whenever I rode by, the front windows were lined with twentysomethings with sleek glasses, mixed prints, and possibly a fixie, whom I've imagined I could share a conversation with over a bagel or two. I finally visited this past weekend and I can say with confidence that it was well worth the wait. 

Besides some parts of San Francisco, Beauty's has the hippest clientele around. Literally every person in there could have been a subject on a certain Berkeley street style blog we all know and love. They were that cool. 

Apart from the people-watching, they serve some pretty good bagels. I got the classic bagel sandwich with lox, cream cheese, onions, and capers. It was toasted to perfection and sliced in half so it was a bit more manageable to eat. (I would highly recommend grabbing some napkins for your cream cheesy fingers.) I also tried the deviled eggs and hot chocolate, both of which were spot-on. The eggs were devilish and the hot chocolate was very chocolaty. 

If you're looking for a new brunch spot or are just craving some lox, I'd suggest getting your butt over to Beauty's Bagel Shop this instant and saying hello to one of North Oakland's newest gems.

Beauty's Bagel Shop
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
3838 Telegraph Ave., Oakland, CA 94609
Open: Tuesday - Friday 7 - 3, Saturday - Sunday 8 - 3

Check out more posts from Oakland.

Yesterday, I shared my first Instagram exclusives from Burma Superstar in Oakland. See Exhibits A and B.

Hey there! Have you entered the Jill Aiko Yee Giveaway? The last day is November 10th.

Pssst! Have you heard our October Playlist?

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...