Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 in Review

Here are some of the biggest and best moments on Work It, Berk in 2013... And here's to many more in 2014!

This is inspired by this post by Amelia Morris of Bon AppĂ©tempt, one of my favorite food bloggers.


January

In January, I spotted this adorable couple on Shattuck Avenue in downtown Berkeley. They let me in on this intimate moment, which added so much more than if it were a solo photo. 


 February

In February, I took this ethereal image of a UC Berkeley student on Sproul Plaza. The way she mixed her prints is still mesmerizing. 

March

I began my love affair with Sheng Kee Bakery on Telegraph and Bancroft Avenues in March. They serve a variety of sweet and savory baked goods that still surprise me every time.


April

In April, I took my food review of San Francisco favorite, Flour + Water, to the next level by sinking my teeth into what I really thought of my dining experience. I also learned what no to do when photographing food, which helped improve my photography dramatically. (My macro lens helped too.)

May

In May, I shared my love of GrĂ©goire in North Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto on Cedar and Shattuck. Their famous potato puffs definitely made an appearance. 

June

In June, I was treated to a weekend at the Vans Warped Tour in Mountain View by Kia. During this time, I stayed at the W San Francisco in SOMA, where I feasted on delicious brunches of poached eggs and more.


July

In July, I spotted this effortlessly chic look at the Temescal Street Fair along Telegraph Avenue in Oakland.


August

In August, I visited the Treasure Island Flea Market for the first time, spotting this lady's gorgeous dyed hair almost immediately.


September

In September, I published the first images from Now and Later, the throwback series that features looks from a subject's past and present. This is but one of the beautiful photos captured during this photo session.

October

After months of impatiently waiting, I finally visited Beauty's Bagel Shop on Telegraph Avenue and 40th Street in North Oakland. The lox was divine.

November

In November, I brunched at Coffee Co in Los Angeles' Westchester neighborhood with an old friend. These are the fluffiest scrambled eggs I've ever seen.

December

In December, I tried modern Mediterranean food at Momed in Beverly Hills. This flatbread is still tantalizing my tastebuds from afar. 

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...