Thursday, August 21, 2014

Eat in Berkeley: Tara's Organic Ice Cream (Pt. 2)


Oregano Orange Pepper and Chipotle ice cream

While walking around Berkeley last week, I stopped by Tara's Organic Ice Cream on College, one of my favorite ice cream shops in the Bay Area. Longtime readers might remember that I did a post about Tara's last June in which I gushed over their basil and lavender flavors.

This time, I was looking to try something bold. After sampling three very good flavors, I picked the Oregano Orange Pepper and the Chipotle. They were both incredible. The Oregano Orange Pepper had the dynamic flavor in which Tara's is known. The standout was the Chipotle. It was very spicy because they use real chipotle peppers. It gave the ice cream a good kick after each bite. These savory flavors made the ice cream seem like more of an appetizer than a dessert, which I gladly welcomed.

If you're looking for more information about Tara's, please check out my previous post and get ready to drool.

Tara's Organic Ice Cream
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
3173 College Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705
Open: Daily 12 - 10

Check out more posts from Berkeley.


Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...