Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Eat in San Francisco: Tartine Bakery & Cafe


Croque Monsieur made with levain bread, béchamel, Gruyère, ham, pepper, tomatoes, and a carrot on the side





Apparently, I've been on a bit of a Croque Madame and Croque Monsieur kick. Last week I satisfied my craving for the former at Mama's Royal Cafe in Oakland, while this weekend I tried the latter at Tartine in the Mission. This San Francisco-based bakery, located on Guerrero between 18th and 19th, is quite popular and with good reason.

The Croque Monsieur was simply divine. This open-faced sandwich starts with their famous levain bread at the bottom. It is then layered with a choice of meat (I picked ham), béchamel sauce, Gruyère cheese, pepper, and tomatoes. It comes with a tangy carrot on the side. Like the Croque Madame I had at Mama's Royal Cafe, Tartine's is full of flavor. The bold and subtle flavors of the ham, cheese, and vegetables complement each other perfectly.

Although I've tried a few other items on their menu, I have yet to try their seasonal bread pudding, which is #33 on 7x7's The Big Eat 2014. Considering how satisfied I've been with everything else I've had, I may need to try it sooner rather than later.

Looking for more photos from Tartine? Yessir!

Tartine Bakery & Cafe
Website | Facebook | InstagramTwitter | Yelp
600 Guerrero St., San Francisco, CA 94110
Open: Monday 8 - 7, Tuesday - Wednesday 7:30 - 7, Thursday - Friday 7:30 - 8, Saturday 8 - 8, Sunday 9 - 8

Check out more posts from San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...