Monday, September 15, 2014

Eat in Culver City: Coolhaus


Left: Brown Butter Candied Bacon ice cream made with a brown butter, maple, and bacon base, with candied bacon bits
Right: Pistachio Black Truffle ice cream made with Sicilian pistachio and black truffle mushrooms

No visit to Los Angeles is complete without a trip to a fancy pants ice cream shop. A couple weeks ago, my mom and I tried Coolhaus in Culver City for the first time. Located on Washington between Sherbourne and Cattaraugus, this trendy ice cream spot serves interesting flavors like Goat's Milk Caramel, Spicy Pineapple with Cilantro, Fruit Loops Cereal Milk, and more.

I tried the Brown Butter Candied Bacon, while my mom had the Pistachio Black Truffle. The bacon ice cream was divine. Its base of brown butter, maple, and bacon had the bold flavor you'd expect from an ice cream with bacon in it. To top it off, it had a very good portion of candied bacon bits mixed throughout, which provided a great balance of sweet and salty. I would definitely try it again. It's the kind of ice cream I'll dream about for a while. My mom described her ice cream as very creamy and having a subtle pistachio flavor she liked.

The next time I visit, I might try one of their signature ice cream sandwiches with snickerdoodles on the outside or a hand-dipped ice cream bar. What would you recommend trying at Coolhaus?

There are more photos from Coolhaus right this way...

Coolhaus
8588 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
Open: Sunday - Thursday 12 - 10, Friday - Saturday 12 - 11

Check out more posts from Culver City.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...