Monday, February 9, 2015

Eat in Oakland: Lois the Pie Queen


Gennies' Scramble made with sweet peppers, green onions, and Italian sausage, served with grits and muffins


Deviled Egg Sandwich served with chips


Super Chick Cheesecake: rum cheesecake with gingersnap crust and rum-infused caramel


This past weekend, I finally visited a place I've been wanting to try for a while: Lois the Pie Queen in North Oakland. This popular pie shop and breakfast spot is known for a wide selection of pies and cheesecakes. It has a modest interior, but seems to always be busy on the weekend.

I tried the Deviled Egg Sandwich, which came with a side of chips. It was pretty good. It was made with more eggs than I can count as well as lettuce and tomatoes. It was messy, eggy, and I can't complain. My dining companion confirmed that he enjoyed the Gennies' Scramble, which came with grits and muffins, as well. Of course, the main event was the Super Chick Cheesecake. It had a delicious rum flavor throughout and an incredible gingersnap crust. The crust crumbled in your mouth, just how I like it.

The next time I visit, I'll try the Sweet Potato Pie or Pecan Pie. If you've visited Lois the Pie Queen, what did you enjoy?

Lois the Pie Queen
Yelp
851 60th St., Oakland, CA 94609
Open: Monday - Friday 8 - 2, Saturday 7 - 3, Sunday 7 - 4

Check out more posts from Oakland.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...