Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Work It, Bloggers: Caity of Moi Contre La Vie






Caity is wearing a Free People dress, kimono from OASAP, Steve Madden heels, Chanel bag, Christian Dior sunglasses, Marrin Costello earrings, and bracelets and necklaces by BCBG. Here she's with fellow blogger, Kathleen of KatWalkSF.

I'm excited to announce that I'm bringing back the Work It, Bloggers series I started years ago. Over the past few weeks, I've had the privilege of photographing and getting to know some of the Bay Area's finest fashion and style bloggers. Without further ado, I'd like to kick off the series with Caity of Moi Contre La Vie.

What’s your name? Where do you live? What do you do?
Caity - Telegraph Hill, San Francisco - I'm a Compliance Officer for a local hedge fund as well as a freelance writer, stylist, and blogger.

How did you get into blogging?
I started blogging as a creative outlet. I've been writing since I was a child and this was my first step towards getting my writing out there.

How would you describe your style?
Classic with a twist. I like timeless silhouettes and pieces that you can wear season-after-season, paired with bold accessories and on-trend extras to give my look some modernity. 

In addition to blogging about fashion, you also cover food and fitness. What do you enjoy most writing about these topics?
My first exposure to the wonderful wide world of blogging was actually food blogs. When I was diagnosed with gluten-intolerance that's where I found recipes, support, and explanations, things that my doctor didn't offer. When I created MCLV I knew that I didn't want to limit myself in my writing, I'm not all-fashion-all-the-time, so why should my blog be?

What I wanted to do was create a space where people could come for inspiration - From how to put together a look for a hot date to what to make for dinner to how to get off the couch and to the gym. And, fortunately, in addition to inspiring others, writing MCLV has inspired me to keep going on my journey!

How has being a stylist and freelance writer benefited your blogging?
You can write about the fashion industry from the sidelines all you want, but until you see what goes into an editorial, and what it takes to get something published, and how much work it takes to publish a magazine - You can't really wrap your head around just how intense, passionate, and insane fashion really is. I think my freelance work allows me to offer my readers a more well-rounded perspective.

What do you like the most about blogging?
The people I've met! The San Francisco blogging community is amazing - I've met some amazing and talented writers since I launched MCLV. What I find most compelling about the SF Bloggers is that they almost all have careers outside blogging, it's fascinating to meet these men & women who are putting all this time, energy & dedication into carving out a niche for themselves online while also running start-ups, working for tech giants like Google, Facebook & Twitter, or starting their own companies. They're an endless source of inspiration!

What have you learned from blogging?
Not to be so hard on myself. As I mentioned, I've been writing since I was a child, but I'm a perfectionist and have trouble sharing my "personal" writing. Starting MCLV has given me a safe place to create and hone my voice, which gives me confidence in all aspects of my writing - From freelance pieces for local magazines, to taking on the role of Fashion Editor for Legally Vogue, to finishing my first novel. 

What can we expect to see from you in the future?
I'm working with the team at Legally Vogue to re-launch the website, and throw a killer party this Spring, so that will be a great platform for people to get to know me on a different level - From monthly videos to weekly pieces on branding, marketing, PR, and business techniques. I'm also looking at expanding my writing repertoire and publishing more of my work. 

You can follow Caity on her blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

Check out more posts from Work It, Bloggers and San Francisco.

Follow Work It, Berk:

Support the blog by visiting Amazon. It's that easy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...