Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Eat in Berkeley: Cupcakin’ Bake Shop


From left: Red Velvet, Double Chocolate, and Funfetti mini cupcakes


I've been on a bit of a cupcake kick since visiting Love At First Bite a couple weeks ago. I stopped by Cupcakin’ Bake Shop on Durant and Telegraph in Berkeley this weekend after it was recommended to me by the lady behind butter, sugar, flowers. Given the fact that this is one of my favorite local blogs and it features her insanely inventive dessert recipes, I knew I had to add Cupcakin' to my list.

I tried three mini cupcakes during my visit: Red Velvet, Double Chocolate, and Funfetti. They were all very good and incredibly moist. The Red Velvet has a creamy frosting that almost melted off the top. The Double Chocolate has just the right amount of chocolaty goodness. The Funfetti is topped with edible sprinkles I've never seen before.

The next time I come by I'd like to try the Grasshopper Pie, Bailey's Irish Cream, or S'mores cupcakes. (Pro-tip: They even have a schedule showing when each flavor is available.)

If you've visited Cupcakin’ Bake Shop, what do you recommend trying?

Cupcakin’ Bake Shop
2435 Durant Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704
Open: Monday - Saturday 11am - 9pm, Sunday 11am - 6pm

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...