Monday, July 14, 2014

Eat in Berkeley: Brazil Fresh Squeeze Cafe


Tri-Tip Sandwich with "The Works" (#84)

The Tri-Tip at Brazil Cafe is one of those legendary sandwiches you must try if you live in Berkeley. It's ranked next to favorites like the Fried Chicken Sandwich at Bakesale Betty in Oakland's Temescal District and anything at Grégoire in Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto. In fact, I'm not sure why I haven't talked about it sooner. (When I first started thinking about reviewing local eateries, Brazil Cafe was in my top ten places worth mentioning.)

The Tri-Tip goes by many names and comes in many forms. I've always ordered #84 – Obama's favorite, according to Pedro the owner – which I believe comes with all the fixins like pineapple, jalapeños, and sour cream. The sandwich itself has the best beef tri-tip you've ever had, along with lettuce, tomatoes, and grilled onions in freshly baked bread. They add a tangy sauce that brings all the flavors together perfectly.

I've visited the shack many times during college as well as their old restaurant on Shattuck, which has since moved further along University. I've also had the Mango Smoothie, another delicious and refreshing treat in which they're known.

Eating a delicious sandwich at Brazil Cafe is the perfect treat for a warm summer day. Just remember to ask for extra napkins. You will need them.

Here are a few more photos of this glorious sammy at slightly different angles. Yum.

Brazil Fresh Squeeze Cafe
Website | Facebook Yelp
2161 University Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704
Open: Daily 11:30am - 8:30pm

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

I created a map with all the restaurants I've reviewed on Pinterest (128 pins!). I think it's pretty sick, no? 

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...