Monday, September 22, 2014

Eat in West Hollywood: La Conversation


Classic Salad Nicoise with ahi tuna, green beans, red onion, new potatoes, Roma tomatoes, hard boiled egg, Nicoise olives, and balsamic vinaigrette




Tostada Salad with iceberg lettuce, black beans, feta, onion, tomato, cilantro grilled corn, and grilled chicken on a baked flour tortilla


Eggs La Conversation with scrambled eggs, croissant, and filet mignon


Cappuccino

After walking by La Conversation for years, I finally visited this French cafe and bakery a couple weeks ago. Located on the West Hollywood side of Doheny north of Santa Monica, La Conversation is known for serving a variety of omelettes, salads, pastries, and more.

I tried the Classic Salad Nicoise with ahi tuna, green beans, red onion, new potatoes, Roma tomatoes, hard boiled egg, Nicoise olives, and balsamic vinaigrette. It was pretty good. All the ingredients were fresh, prepared perfectly, and tasted great together. They gave me a generous portion of seared ahi tuna. My mom enjoyed her Tostada Salad, as did my brother like his modified Eggs La Conversation. I also had a cappuccino with the most foam I've ever had. It was stronger than I'm used to, but I'm definitely not complaining.

The highlight of the visit was seeing the restaurant's interior. It's a lot larger on the inside with its high ceilings covered with red and white striped wallpaper that resembles fabric waving in the wind. Along the walls, you'll find a few paintings, porcelain vases and plates, and elaborate chandeliers hanging from above. Within their bakery display cases, there's a wide selection of éclairs, tarts, cakes, and other treats.

When we visited, we noticed that there were many Europeans patronizing the cafe which seems like no coincidence. After all, La Conversation feels like more of slice of Paris than a bakery on the Westside. I will have to try dessert the next time I stop by this quaint cafe.

La Conversation
Website | Facebook | Yelp
638 N. Doheny Dr., West Hollywood, CA 90069
Open: Monday - Saturday 7 - 7, Sunday 8 - 4

Check out more posts from West Hollywood.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...