Monday, June 13, 2016

Eat in Los Angeles: My Two Cents


Creole Shrimp + Grits with a baked egg


M2C Chicken "in" Waffle with cheese grits and a baked egg


M2C Chicken "in" Waffle with sweet potato hash and a baked egg


Homemade Biscuits

I think I've found my favorite new brunch spot in Los Angeles: My Two Cents. Located on Pico between Fairfax and La Brea, My Two Cents is a Southern-style restaurant with a fresh twist. 

When I visited last weekend, I ordered the Creole Shrimp + Grits with a baked egg and homemade biscuit on the side. These were easily the best shrimp and grits I've had--although I haven't had many--and this was mostly due to the incredible flavor. Slice open the perfectly baked egg, watch the yolk pool, mop up some egg and grits with a piece of biscuit, and you're set. What I also like about this dish is that it seems a lot lighter than dishes offered at other Southern restaurants. They've managed to make Southern food attractive to the health-conscious LA palate.

My friends both had the M2C Chicken "in" Waffle with sides of sweet potato hash, cheese grits, and a baked egg. The M2C Chicken dish is special because it includes pieces of the barbecue chicken in the waffle batter. I'll have to try this dish the next time I stop by to confirm my friends' praise.

If you've visited My Two Cents, what do you recommend trying?

My Two Cents
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Yelp
5583 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019
Open: Tuesday - Thursday 12 - 9, Friday - Saturday 12 - 10, Sunday 11 -4

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Tumblr | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...