Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Eat in Berkeley: Rainbow Donuts




Counterclockwise from left: Rainbow Cake Donut, Ube Cake Donut, and Blueberry Cake Donut

I finally visited Rainbow Donuts in West Berkeley after reading about the donut shop on Bites & Bourbon, one of my favorite food blogs in the East Bay.

I picked three donuts while there: the Rainbow Cake Donut, which looks like Funfetti on the inside, the Ube Cake Donut, made with a purple yam popular in the Philippines, and the Blueberry Cake Donut, which is naturally dyed blue by the berries. I really enjoyed all three. Like Brenda mentioned in her blog post, Rainbow Donuts has a wide selection of interesting flavors you won't find elsewhere. They also use natural as opposed to artificial ingredients, which bring out the donuts' notable flavors.

The next time I visit Rainbow Donuts I might try the Red Velvet and Key Lime Glazed cake donuts.

If you've visited Rainbow Donuts recently, what did you try?

Rainbow Donuts
Instagram | Yelp
2025 San Pablo Ave., Berkeley, CA 94702
Open: Monday - Saturday 5am - 8pm, Sunday 6 - 6

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Follow: Subscribe | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Tumblr | Twitter