Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Eat in Oakland: Donut Savant


Clockwise from top left: Chocolate Glazed, S.O.S., Salted Maple Hole, Cinnamon Roll, Apple Fritter, and Cron't

When I entered Donut Savant, a hip donut shop on Broadway near 19th Street BART station in Uptown, I exclaimed to the staff how excited I was to be there. It was not an exaggeration. Donut Savant serves a varied selection of your favorite and soon-to-be favorite donuts, cron'ts (croissant-donut hybrids), and other donut adjacent treats like apple fritters and cinnamon rolls.

When I visit, I usually try a combination of things: cron'ts, an apple fritter made with pieces of apple, an adorable cinnamon roll, something with jelly, something with chocolate either baked throughout or layered on top, and (fingers crossed) something with salted caramel. I've liked every donut I've tried as has everyone I've shared them with. (Sharing is caring, Karen.) They're rich and dynamic in flavor, extremely photogenic, and fit in the palm of your hand, making it easy to have several in one sitting. It's clear they take a lot of pride in their work as their donuts are always of the highest quality and made using such inventive recipes.

I will definitely be back soon, leaving with a box in hand. If you've visited Donut Savant recently, what do you recommend trying?

Donut Savant
Website | Facebook Instagram | TwitterYelp
1934 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
Open: Tuesday - Saturday 8am - 3pm

Check out more posts from Oakland.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...